September 29, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

It was Derek's Birthday on Thursday, and he turned 28! On his birthday we just had a nice dinner at home and I made him a cake, and decorated it in honor of his favorite team, and as kind of a preview of what his present would be. He didn't get his gift until Saturday, we all pitched in to get him season tickets to U of U football. I just gave him tickets to the game for Saturday. It was suppose to stay a surprise until we got to the game, but that didn't quite work out because too many people knew about it and kind of let the secret out. I know better for next time though not to involve too many people. We had fun anyway, and I think his mom and I convinced him pretty good that he wasn't getting season tickets and that one game was it. On Sunday we had dinner for his birthday with his family and that is when we surprised him with the rest of the tickets. We first had his mom give him a card with money in it, that was our clever way of making him think that was all he was getting. It worked, he sent Alex a text that said what the heck I thought I was going to get season tickets! lol anyway we let him think that for almost the rest of the night and it wasn't until later that I asked him to come up and change Chloes diaper that he opened up the new diaper to put it on Chloe and thats where he found the tickets!! I know crazy but we had to make it fun since we put him through so much. He was so excited and can't wait to go.

And because Derek read Amanda's blog and saw what a nice thing she did for Blake's birthday, he casually suggested I should do the same, so just because I love ya, here it is...


28 Things I Love and Adore about Derek:

1. He is an amazing daddy!
2. Everyone he meets is a friend.

3. He will talk to anyone and everyone mostly because he says it makes their day.

4. He honors his priesthood.

5. He loves me no matter how crazy I get.

6. He trusts me enough to do everything my way. :)

7. His cute little nose ;)

8. The look on his face when he found out our first baby was going to be a BOY!

9. He helps me with so much around the house.

10. Actually enjoys watching my chick flicks with me. ha ha

11. The way he knows what I am thinking but trying to hide. You would think that would be annoying. :)

12. How he is not afraid to show the kid in him in front of anyone because he loves playing with his kids.

13. When he softly starts playing with my hair during a movie.

14. He is so good at hiding stress, maybe to help me not be so stressed.

15. How he always finds the positive in everything.

16. He can find almost anything I am looking for.
17. Makes the best sandwiches ever!

18. He always knows when I need a drink of water and brings it to me.

19. He remembers everything!! Especially dates and numbers, he is my personal phone and date book.

20. Very good with directions, can find his way almost anywhere.

21. That he can't sleep at night when I am not there.

22. He acts overly enthusiastic about my crafts.

23. How excited he gets when he has something for me.

24. He knows just what I need to cheer me up when I am down.

25. He loves showing off his family to everyone.

26. He is so forgiving and understanding.

27. His soft lips, softer than mine! not fair!

28. He loves the Lord and is always trying to be better.



Some other Party Pictures-


This ones for you Stace ;)





My First Attempt At Crummy Crust (his favorite birthday treat)

5 comments:

Amee Campbell said...

Happy Birthday Derek, man you're old :) Kalli that was so sweet to say all those things about your hunny. He is a good guy! Call us to hang out!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Derek!!! You're a great husband and dad!!

It's a ME! Stacie! said...

haha! That was so funny!

And also, I feel SO fortunate to be a part of your blog. I'm sure Shelli feels the same way!

Jaime said...

Happy (late) Birthday Derek!

Denise Christiansen said...

what a cute cake! I'm very impressed hun:
) love the pics and stories too! great shot of Derek's reaction! lol that's too funny. I always hate trying to pull off surprises. them never seem to work out and it's so much stress trying to keep it secret. then if you are the one that is tryin gto be surprised and you find out...you fill so stupid trying to act surprised! so where are the pics from OUR party? just teasing you;)