September 11, 2008

First Dentist Appointment

So Kaden and Chloe had their first dentist appointment today. I was not looking forward to it. I asked my Dad to come along so he could hold one child while I pinned the other one down to the chair. Well to my surprise Kaded jumped up on the big chair and let them stick those things in his mouth to take the x rays and he just sat there and didn't move and didn't even try to pull them out. I can barely stand those things and he did way better than I ever did. Then we walked into the other room where the cute bright colored chairs were so they could clean his teeth. I got ready to hold his hands down and try to help calm him down, and once again, no need for mom. He laid back in the chair and watched his movie the whole time! (They have these cool little televisions in the celing and head phones for them to wear so the kids can watch a movie while they work. Greatest Idea ever!! Where were those when I was a kid?) He didn't move whine, cry or try to get up the whole time. He was so perfect I couldn't believe it. Well Chloe on the other hand the second we walked back there she gripped my shirt and started crying and wouldn't let go. The best we could do for her was to just lay her in my lap while the dentist just looked at her teeth and checked them out a little. They both checked out with great teeth! There favorite part was picking out a new toothbrush. Kaden of course picked blue! and Chloe just grabbed the one that was closest to her so she could get out of there as soon as possible!

5 comments:

The Viewer said...

Way to go Kaden. Oh my, they are so cute. I had those cool TVs in the ceiling when I was a tot. They were awesome! I'm glad their teeth are great. Way to go mom and dad.

Jaime said...

Your kids are so cute! Ah, the dentist. I'm scared to go myself. Maybe I should go to that dentist because I never got headphones or a TV when I went. Headphones are a great idea then you don't have to hear the painful mean dentist stuff that they attack you with. AHHH! I remember when I was little I got to pick out a sticker or a bouncy ball if I didn't have any cavities. Sadly I don't think that will happen anymore. Although I may get lucky & get a new toothbrush.

Wades said...

what little cuties!! Hayden did really good at his first appointment too! I guess we shouldn't underestimate our little ones!

It's a ME! Stacie! said...

Yay Kaden!

Mekelle said...

Hello Kalli! I am hoping you remember me.....it has been a long time. You have the cutest kids! What a cute family!
Mekelle