June 4, 2013

Our year at a glance...

Here we go again, another attempt to blog again.  I love reading blogs of family and friends that we don't see very often so I thought I would try and do better on my end if for any reason they want to do the same.  I will definitely miss a lot of what has happened this year because lets face it, I am forgetful and its been a whole year!!  But here are the main points that I can remember.

Summer was awesome, My brother Mike and his family came to visit and we had so much fun, I think we did more in that few weeks than we did all year.  We went to Pine View, a few splash pads, watched the fountains in Farmington, trampoline park, Boondocks, Roy Aquatic Center, parks and just hung out and had fun.










 4th of July was so much fun as always.  This year was a little different we got up and just went to the little old Clearfield parade by ourselves we missed all our cousins and the craziness but it was still so fun.  After the parade we got to go home and get a little rest before the rest of the days festivities.  We met up with everyone for a BBQ then headed to Layton Park and just had a blast playing games, visiting, and played on the big blowup slides and bounce houses.  I just love the 4th!  Everything about it makes me happy.






Jace turned 3 in July as well.  He wanted an Avengers birthday and a batman cake, so I did the best I could, he was so excited he couldn't decide which costume he wanted to wear.  Batman, magician, transformers, he wore them all.


We went to Bear Lake with Derek's family and had a great time.  We got to stay in a family friends house that they have up there and it was so nice.  I wish we could have stayed a lot longer.  The kids loved the beach of course and had a blast on the boat.  That was until Jace broke his other arm.  He broke the first one just 2 weeks before falling off a stool.  The second one, he fell of the banana boat thing and hit the water. He was crying pretty hard so I thought he just got really scared but when he got in the boat he cried that he "broked his udder arm!"  I couldn't believe it so we just watched it for the next day and as soon as we got home he was still saying it hurt pretty bad and wouldn't use it very much.  So we took him in and sure enough, it was broken in the same place as the other one.  Poor kid had to wear two casts up past his elbows so he wouldn't pull them off.














We went to Grandpa Galloways for the traditional end of year swimming/BBQ.  Poor Jace with his two broken arms!  We had a blast with belly flop contests and all the men showing off their "skills"  it was a great day!



Kaden and Chloe started school.  Chloe is going to all day Kindergarten and Kaden started the 1st Grade.  They were so excited to start the first day they got up and dressed and ready to go before I even woke up.  They both still love school and love playing with their friends there.

Halloween- we went up to West Valley and trick-or-treated with their cousins.  They were the Star Wars characters, they were so cute!

Didn't take any pictures of Thanksgiving but we just ate a lot!
Christmas was wonderful, we got a surprise delivery from the real Santa Clause the night before.  The kids were spoiled and so were we.  We spent Christmas Eve with my family and had a great time putting on the Nativity Story.  Christmas Day we went to Dereks moms house and had a great dinner and snacking all day long.


 I had surgery on my back, I had two herniated discs that were pinching off my nerves down my legs so they cut off all that was herniated into my spinal column to relieve the pain in my legs hips and knees.  I couldn't even stand for more than a min before and now I am doing a lot better.  I received so much help and support from family friends and ward members.  Everyone stepped up and helped me so much, I was so impressed and grateful.  I couldn't have done it without everyone!
Chloe turned 6!  She is really into Barbies this year so naturally we had a Barbie birthday party, I just love how the Super Bowl is paused behind her in all the pictures. ha ha




Kaden got to play in Jr. Jazz, thats all he wanted for his birthday, so that was his present from Mom, Dad, Nana and Papa.  He did so awesome and had so much fun.  He was so excited to play every week, he would wear his jersey all day on game day.

Derek and I had our 10 year Anniversary and he went all out.  He surprised me with a little trip to San Diego!!  I love San Diego and Sea World it is one of my favorite places.  We had a great time going to Coronado Island and walking on the beach and eating in a cute little cafe.  I still crave the sandwiches we had there, they were sooo delicious.  We went to Sea World and Old Town, we tried to go to a fancy dinner in the Gaslamp District and I will never go there again!  It was crazy packed and crazy people everywhere!  We drove around for like a half hour and couldn't find any parking!  So we ended up at the mall at the Cheesecake Factory!  ha ha but it was sooo yummy and we had a great time!  It was so nice to get away for a weekend, not nearly long enough but so fun!


Luci turned 1!  I can't believe my baby is one already!  Time goes way too fast.  She was so cute with the cake, she couldn't wait to get her hands on it and enjoyed every min. of it.  She was more interested in showing off her ability to climb on top of her presents than opening them but loved what she was finding inside once she did! Shortly after her birthday she got her first tooth and was walking.







So that was a lot more long winded than I planned but there you have it, a summary of the last year.  I know I forgot stuff but those are the main points, I am going to try and do better this year.  THE END

2 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

VERY FUN!! Yes, we love to see what everyone is doing as well, so keep it up! :)

The Viewer said...

CUTE I love this post!